Archive | Mayor Raymond TuckerRSS feed for this section

9, November 2017

A Chimney Topper's Tale

On February 16, 1959, the first buildings started to fall in St. Louis’s historic Mill Creek Valley neighborhood. Their demolition had been years in the making: In 1954, Mayor Raymond Tucker proposed a plan to raze the more than 400 square acres of city that stood between Saint Louis University and Union Station as part of St. Louis’s post–World War II revitalization. Read more »